8 Popular Books to Help You Achieve Your Goals
Jul 08, 2019
Every year more and more books and guides are published on how to help you achieve your goals. Some focus on particular areas like losing weight, giving up sugar, or setting up your own business. Others have a personal development approach to building a more positive mindset or changing destructive behavior patterns. Many authors share their own experiences of overcoming adversity or dealing with setbacks to create a successful life.
Here are some of the most popular books by authors who are leaders in their field.
- The Slight Edge: Turning Simple Disciplines into Massive Success & Happiness, Jeff Olson
Olsen’s book encourages you to change your mindset and make daily choices that help you reach your goals. Creating small daily habits adds up to major life changes.
- Better Than Before: What I Learned About Making and Breaking Habits—to Sleep More, Quit Sugar, Procrastinate Less, and Generally Build a Happier Life, Gretchen Rubin.
Rubin is a happiness expert. Her book shows you how to change your habit architecture to make more and more positive choices in all areas of your life, to meet your goals.
- The Achievement Habit: Stop Wishing, Start Doing, and Take Command of Your Life, Bernard Roth
The Achievement Habit focusses around ‘design thinking’ to help you change your attitude to achievement. Roth gives you tools and exercises to help you build your achievement muscles and believe that you can succeed.
- The 4-Hour Workweek, Timothy Ferriss
Ferriss turns the conventional view of work life and retirement on its head and shows you how to live your dream life now.
- The Magic of Thinking Big: Acquire the Secrets of Success... Achieving Everything You've Always Wanted, David J. Schwartz, Ph.D
Here is a motivational book for expanding your horizons and making your dreams happen. Schwarz provides a program to change your mindset and behavior patterns to accomplish your biggest life goals.
- Big Magic Creative Living Beyond Fear, Elizabeth Gilbert
Big Magic takes Gilbert’s personal stories to show you how you can change your expectations of life and yourself, to be more open to inspiration and seize opportunities as they arise.
7. The One Life We’re Given, Mark Nepo "
Nepo is a spiritual teacher and philosopher who shares stories and meditations on how to find balance and authenticity in your life. If you’re trying to balance striving with letting go or struggling to trust your intuition, Nepo can help you believe you can do it.
8. Getting to It! Accomplishing the Important, Handling the Urgent and Removing the Unnecessary, Jones Loflin & Todd Musig Loflin and Musig
focus on the things you are paid to do, or that you really need to do, to have impact in your life. Their approach helps you to cut down the potentially endless and overwhelming list of tasks in your life, to three or four key things that are instantly more manageable.